Friday, July 1, 2011

Peekaboo in the Drive Thru

It is a well established rule, not just out my Mickey D's, but at many restaurants that we don't accept people's orders who walk through the drive thru☹. It's more of a safety thing than anything else. However, just as with all other rules, there are those who think that they don't apply to them.

This particular incident with such a person, stood out for one particular reason, and that is that they were creative with their breaking of the rules, or at least extremely entertaining.

It was 9:30 ish on a friday night, the mood was greasy, lobby was on lockdown, and all of the sudden I see two faces at my window. I turn away, roll my eyes at my manager, and proceed to tell them✘ that I cannot take their order. To no avail! Persistent little buggers. "

But all I want is a McDouble!!! I even have cash!"

"I'm sorry sir, but it's the rule and my manager is standing RIGHT THERE!" ☤

This continued through a fewℑ more rounds, and then they left... or so I thought.

Since it was late at night, we didn't have any cars, so I started doing my nightly cleaning duties. All of the sudden, a face pops up in the window☒. For a minute I didn't recognize them, and then I realized who it was. "Here we go again!" I said to my manager, and then the face in the window was gone.

By this point I was sure they were crazy☺. Before I could turn around to keep mopping, they were back. He had said something, but as it was muffled by the window, I couldn't really tell what it was that he was saying. He popped up a few more times before it dawned on me that he was literally saying "PEEKABOO!!!"

When this realization hit, I laughed until I cried☝.

Needless to say, after I went and got my manager and explained what was happening☂. We opened the window and gave them one of our extra McDouble's for free in payment for the show.



☹ I have tried going through on my bike before... they didn't like that either.

✘ I had to raise my voice because I'm not allowed to open the window to tell them this. I sounded so angry, and I didn't really mean to. It's whatever.

☤ Rolls eyes in manager's direction while pointing VERY emphatically.

ℑ Lies.

☒ Scare the ever living crap out of me. Not exactly something you want happening late at night.

☺I didn't realize how right I was just then.

☝Also lies... I was sobbing.

☂Between my sobs of laughter.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. I wonder if I can get free late-night food by playing peek-a-boo? Either free food or a free ride in a police car...

    ReplyDelete